Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mackinac Island (Michigan)

 I mentioned in my previous post that I jumped at the chance to visit the beautiful Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
The Grand Hotel is so popular among tourists that they charge $10 for non-guests to look around.
I asked one of the employees where to pay the fee and was graciously told to help myself and look around.
That made me happy.
I didn't get near as many shots as I wanted, but that's okay.
Just gives me another reason to go back.
If you are a fan of Somewhere in Time, you MUST visit this place.
Pure magic.
The Grand Hotel - view from the ferry
The touristy shot


Side view from the porch
View from the end of the porch
View from the hotel drive

This is the coin shop Christopher Reeve visited in the movie




One of many bike rental places

Found this couple enjoying the view



Riley J. found a ball near the tennis courts. We still have it.

Casey wants the stick...not too sure of the lake, though.


I will be a hotel guest on my next visit.
I will make sure I get to see the entire island.
I will take more photos!



1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

seems like a one of a kind place.